Suggestions and Complaints
Comments and Suggestions
We welcome your compliments, suggestions or concerns about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice.
We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.
As a patient of the NHS you have a right to:
- Have your complaint dealt with efficiently
- Have your complaint properly investigated
- Be informed of the outcome of your complaint
- Take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman if you are not satisfied with the outcome
Complaints should be directed to our Complaints Manager, Mrs Keri Bedford or any of our doctors. Mrs Bedford will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure your complaint is dealt with promptly.
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.
If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible using our complaints form.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it
- We will then investigate the complaint within the practice
- We will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation
- We will send you a response explaining the outcome of our investigation and any actions to be taken as a result
- We will aim to have looked in to your complaint within 28 working days of the date we received it although this may vary if doctors or staff involved in the issue are away from the practice
When we look in to your complaint, we shall aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like this
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again
Complaining on behalf of someone else
Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. There is a section on the complaints form for them to sign to acknowledge that they are giving their permission for us to deal with the complaint through you.
Help and advice
You may wish to get advice from:
PO Box 16738
Telephone: 03003 11 22 33
If You are not Happy With our Response
If you are not happy with the local resolution process you can ask the Health Service Ombudsman for an independent review. Their details are:
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Telephone: 0345 015 4033
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.